The Office of Student Affairs at LSUE has a renewed focus on supporting student organizations on campus. This support comes in the following specific ways:
- Inviting organizations to attend New Student Orientation to recruit new members
- Streamlining the process of registering a new student organization
- Establishing a timeline and process for renewing existing organizations' registration on an annual basis
- Providing a Student Organization Handbook as a resource with updated information, policies, procedures, and more!
- Assistance in registering campus events and reserving facilities
- Guidance with building founding materials for new student organizations
- Hosting a student organization workshop for advisors and officers to help them to successfully lead their organizations
- Providing guidance on University travel policies and procedures
If you are interested in joining a student organization, you will find the below information and resources helpful.
Prospective Student Organization Resources
New Student Organizations can be established during any time of the year. The following four requirements must be received by the Office of Student Affairs for a new organization to be certified as active and registered:
- A list of at least 6 student members who have agreed to be involved in the organization
- A faculty or staff advisor who has agreed to advise the organization
- A constitution
- Submission of the New Student Organization Registration Form (link below)
The following are resources and forms you will need to help you charter your organization.
Registered Student Organization Forms
Advisors, officers, and other student members of active, registered student organizations will need the following forms to be successful.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Student Affairs.
Dr. Anthony Mumphrey Center, Rm 112