The Student Government Association (SGA) provides a source of supplemental funding for active student organizations at LSUE. In order to receive funding from PSIF, you will need to complete and submit the application at least six (6) weeks prior to the proposed event or initiative. If you need any assistance in completing this application, please contact the SGA Advisor or Treasurer at email@example.com.
Click HERE to download the application.
PSIF funding may NOT be used for the following:
Items which a student can benefit solely from are prohibited, such as flowers, gift cards, etc. All state purchasing guidelines and University policies must be adhered to with any funds allocated by SGA. Failure to comply may result in loss of funding.
STEP 1: Submit the Application. This application is due to the SGA Office in Acadian Center, Room 116 at least six (6) weeks prior to the date of the proposed event or initiative for which funding assistance is being requested. The SGA Treasurer will contact you within five (5) business days to inform you if your application meets the requirements and restrictions for funding as outlined above, and he/she will inform you of the date/time of the next SGA General Assembly meeting, which you must attend.
STEP 2: Present at the SGA General Assembly. At the SGA General Assembly meeting, you will be asked to present the facts of the event, initiative, or items for which you are requesting funding. Present the who, what, when, where, how, and why of the request. SGA Executive Board and/or Senate may or may not have questions regarding your request, so answer those to the best of your ability.
STEP 3: SGA Vote to Approve Funding. At the General Assembly meeting following the presentation and the optional Q&A session, SGA will hold a vote. If a majority vote is reached in favor of providing funding assistance, the funding assistance request is approved and you will be informed within two (2) business days.
STEP 4: Work with SGA Treasurer to Receive Funds. The SGA Treasurer will work with the Business Office, the SGA Advisor, and the student organization to ensure the funds are allocated to the student organization. This could take up to two weeks.
STEP 5: Submit Receipts. Within 48 hours of the event or initiative or the receipt of the items, all original receipts must be submitted to the SGA Treasurer in person. Scan/email or copies of receipts will not be accepted.
Copies of the following documents must be attached to this application:
1) Organization’s constitution
2) A copy of the organization's "Approval of Registration" letter from Student Affairs
3) Organizational Budget for the current Fiscal Year
4) Document of funds acquired thus far for the event (if any)
5) A completed itemized budget for the total cost of the event/proposal as well as a detailed breakdown of how requested funds will be spent. Please make this budget as specific and detailed as possible. This document shall be prepared by the respective student organization and reviewed by the LSUE SGA Treasurer. The SGA Treasurer may require more detail before making arrangements for the proposal to be presented at the SGA General Assembly meeting.
Other Required Documents (if applicable)
P.O. Box 1129
2048 Johnson Highway
Acadian Center, Room 116
Eunice, LA 70535