Access to Databases and Indexes for Journal Articles and Related Materials
(The first group is from EBSCO: if a link doesn't work, scroll down to the main EBSCO link in the next section and select the database from its list.)
- Academic Search Complete - multi-disciplinary, comprehensive, scholarly, full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 13,000 journals, monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc.
- Business Source Complete - used for company & industry profiles, market research reports, and business news. See also "LexisNexis" below.
- History Reference Center - reference books, books, articles as well as primary sources such as maps, photos, and videos covering American and world history.
- LexisNexis Academic • Sections include news (state and world newspapers), business (company profiles and SEC filings), and legal (federal & state cases, federal & state codes, and legal journals).
- Literary Reference Center - reference books, book chapters, and articles about literature. A mixed collection, mostly of general-interest material.
- MLA International Bibliography - the standard source of scholarly articles and book chapters about literature, linguistics, folklore, and languages. More than 2 million listings, though not all are linked to full-text files
- Nursing Reference Center - quick lessons, pamphlets, book sections, evidence-based care sheets, and other resources for nurses or nursing students. Can be combined with "CINAHL Plus" and/or "MEDLINE" under "Advanced Search," but those are best searched separately.
- PSYCInfo - American Psychological Association's (APA) renowned resource for abstracts of peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. Over 3 million records and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s.
Publishers' collections of databases.
- CQ Researcher - Overview articles on topics taken from current events, with one new article each week.
- EBSCO - A large collection of databases on many subjects from history, literature, and education to nursing, biology, and computers. Use descriptions on the first page to choose where to search.
- Gale - Two main subjects - biography and literature. Biography Best Choice: "Biography in Context." Literature Best Choice: "Literature Resource Center."
- JSTOR • Articles from the arts and sciences. Recent years are not included. Limited full-text. Use GREEN Checked Articles ONLY.
- LearningExpress • Collection of education, career-related material, practice tests, and many guidebooks (in their "e-books" section). Create a separate username and password to use all features off-campus OR to take and score practice tests on-campus; do this ON CAMPUS. If you are NOT able to visit campus, we can help you create an account by email.
- MathSciNet • An index of math articles. Many articles have abstracts and/or reviews, but there is no full-text. The "article" links mostly lead to fee databases, so you will need to search the LeDoux Library catalog to see if the library has access to any specific article or journal.
- ProQuest - Used for dissertations and nursing. If you want only one or the other, click on "Databases Selected" to search only the ones you check off.
- Readex - Two collections of historical newspapers. Use the Readex link to search them both, or choose which one you would like to search:
LAST UPDATED April 3,2013