Other Programs

Students receiving VA educational benefits and attending at least 3/4 time may apply for this program. There must be a vacancy available, however, at the desired work-site. For the work-site to be approved by the VA, the job must be primarily VA related. VA Form 22-8691 (Application for Work-Study Allowance) must be submitted to the VA work-study coordinator at the Muskogee Regional Office. A copy of the current enrollment certification should accompany the application. The VA pays federal minimum wage or state minimum wage, whichever is greater. Active Duty personnel are not eligible.

Tutorial Assistance
Students receiving VA benefits may qualify for tutorial assistance. The tutor must meet departmental qualifications and cannot be related to the applicant. The VA will reimburse the applicant up to $100.00 a month, and up to a maximum of $1200.00 total. Using VA Form 22-1990t (Application for Individualized Tutorial Assistance), the tutor must verify the dates and hours of the tutoring sessions and sign certifying all VA regulations have been adhered to. The tutor must also provide receipt of payment from the student. Once complete, the form must be submitted to the school's certifying official.

Tuition Assistance
Tuition Assistance (TA) is a Department of Defense (DoD) program. VA does not administer TA. TA rules vary by branch of service and can even vary between components within the branches depending on whether he service member is Active duty, Reserve, or National Guard.

Please click on the applicable link below for more information or to access your portal:

Can I submit an Enrollment Certification (VA form 22-1999b) for the same courses for which Federal Tuition Assistance is being paid?

  Active Duty/AGR
 Drillling Status
Chapter 33
 YES *
 YES *
Chapter 30
 NO** NO

Chapter 1606/1607

1/2-time or more


Chapter 1606/1607

less than 1/2-time

All other chapters

*The amount paid by Federal (as well as state) TA should be deducted in the net charges determination.

**The service member may apply for Top-Up

Additional information regarding Tuition Assistance may also be found at Military.com.

Tuition Exemption
Tuition Exemption must be awarded by the student's branch of service. If the student was awarded tuition exemption, they must first call the state office to verify that they are on the state's list before submitting paperwork to LSU Eunice. The contact for tuition exemption at the Louisiana State VA Office is Sgt. Carter, and her number is (504) 278-8304. Once the student verifies that they are on the list, they should submit all paperwork to Ms. Lora Biessenberger in the Registrar's Office at LSU Eunice.

National Testing Program
VA Students can be reimbursed the fee charged for national admission tests and national tests for college credit. Currently, the only approved tests are:

• SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test)
• LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
• GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
• GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
• AP (Advanced Placement Exam)
• CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
• ACT (American College Testing Program)
• DAT (Dental Admissions Test)
• MAT (Miller Analogies Test) • MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
• OAT (Optometry Admissions Testing)
• PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test)
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
• DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests)
• ECE (Excelsior College Examinations)

For more information, see:


Educational programs offered through the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs:

Louisiana's Title 29 Dependents' Educational Assistance
LA National Guard Tuition Exemption


Veterans Affairs LSU Eunice
Office of Student Affairs & Enrollment Services
Acadian Center, Room 112
P.O. Box 1129
Eunice, LA 70535
337-550-1217 va@lsue.edu