Back to Articles
Queen of the Sun
The LSUE Foundation and Friends of the LeDoux Library, in partnership with LSUE Continuing Education, are sponsoring a documentary film presentation of the "Queen of the Sun" on Wednesday, August 31, 5:30-7:30pm. A meet-and-greet will start at 5:30pm; film starts at 6pm; it is free and open to the general public.
The issues in this film are of great interest to gardeners, bee keepers, farmers and any member of the general public who enjoys eating FOOD.
Additional presentations of the film will be available in our many supportive communities in Acadiana in September and October. By taking the film "off campus," the LSUE Foundation hopes to promote the educational mission of LSU Eunice, find some of our lost LSU Eunice alumni and conduct a brief survey on potential future continuing education classes we can offer at or through LSU Eunice.
LSU Eunice will be opening its newest building, the Continuing Education classroom building, in September 2012. We anticipate offering many interesting courses to those who express an interest in these issues; courses could include items such as beekeeping, container gardening, herb gardening, growing sprouts, etc.
We would like to thank the following locations and sponsors for their support of this LSUE Foundation event in the Acadiana region:
• Louisiana State Arboretum in Ville Platte, Thursday, 9-08 at 6PM, sponsored by Eric Gil, State Farm, Ville Platte.
• Jean Lafitte Cajun Prairie Cultural Center in Eunice, Wednesday, 9-14, 5PM, sponsored by Le Village, Pucheu, Pucheu and Robinson and John Guillory, Allstate, Eunice.
• St. Landry Tourist Information Center in Opelousas, Saturday, 9-17 at 1PM, sponsored by St. Landry Homestead, Eunice and Opelousas.
• Pack and Paddle in Lafayette, Thursday, 9-22, 7PM, sponsored by Pack and Paddle.
• Crowley Rice Theater in Crowley, Wednesday, September 28, 6PM, sponsored by Landry's Feed in Crowley and Rayne and Harmon's Greenhouse Nursery.
• Tupper Museum in Jennings, Tuesday, October 25, 6PM, sponsored by St. Martin Bank, Jennings Garden Club and Drs. Richard "Chip" and Charice Hebert.
Please continue to visit the LSUE website for updates.