Bengal-ID: Your Passport to Campus Services
BENGAL-ID was created to provide students, faculty, and staff with a fast, safe and convenient way to access campus services. While serving as the official university ID card, it is also a debit card for campus purchases as well as an electronic key for secure access to selected campus facilities.
Bengal Bux is a debit card system using your BENGAL-ID Campus Card to provide a fast, safe and convenient way to make purchases at various locations throughout the campus. As long as you have money in your Bengal Bux account, you’ll enjoy convenient purchasing power without the hassle of carrying cash.
Value may be added to your BENGAL-ID at any time through the use of Value Transfer Stations conveniently located in both the Acadian Center and the Library. Known as BENGAL BUX, card value can be used throughout the campus for a variety of uses such as cafeteria purchases, selected vending machines, and making copies and printing in campus computing labs once your initial free print allowance has been used.
|GETTING YOUR BENGAL-ID CARD|
All LSU Eunice faculty, staff and students are required to have a BENGAL-ID campus card. As the official ID card of the campus, your BENGAL-ID card should be carried at all times. Campus offices may require that you show your card before receiving services.
The BENGAL-ID Office is a unit within the Office of Information Technology located in room 204 of the Community Education Building. Regular office hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. There is no charge to receive your first card. Card holders will be charged $5 to replace lost or misplaced cards. Card privileges for students will not become active until your tuition and fees for the semester are paid.
|WHY YOU NEED IT|
As the official id card of LSU Eunice, it provides you with admission to campus events such as athletics and fine arts presentations.
- It’s required to make copies on campus.
- You must have your BENGAL-ID to use the printers in campus computer labs. Student printing accounts are credited with $4.50 each semester. This is equivalent to 150 black and white printed pages. Color pages will reduce your allotment by .25/page or the equivalent of 8 1/2 black and white pages. After using your free prints, subsequent pages will be deducted from your Bengal Bux account. (3 cents for black and white, 25 cents for color)
- It’s required to use campus recreational facilities including the gym, weight room, and pool.
- Many area merchants provide discounts to LSU Eunice students and employees. You must present your BENGAL-ID to take advantage of these services.
- Use the BENGAL-ID in in the cafeteria and at other campus locations instead of carrying cash!