Developmental Education Assessment
Located in Manuel Hall room 203, LSU Eunice's Assessment Center exists to serve the
placement needs of incoming students. The Assessment Center also services the needs
of LSU Eunice's Modular Mathematics students.
Effective Spring 2017, LSU Eunice Assessment Center is using the ACCUPLACER Assessment
System. The COMPASS Assessment is no longer available.
Information about testing:
Developmental Education Assessment Day
- Friday, May 26, 2017 at 9 a.m.
- Friday, June 30, 2017 at 9 am.
- Friday August 11, 2017 at 9 am.
- Testing available for mathematics, English composition, and reading.
- Students should report to Manuel Hall 207 at 8:45 am with an LSU Eunice ID.
Mathematics Assessment at Orientation
- Testing available for mathematics only.
- Reservations are required.
- Times vary, please see the orientation webpage for further information.
Late Challenge Assessment
- Testing for mathematics and English composition.
- New students, continuing students, or students declaring academic bankruptcy (who
have not taken a course in English composition or mathematics within the last 10 years)
may participate in this assessment.
o The first two days of the regular fall and spring semesters at 2
o The first day for the eight week summer session at 2 pm.
o Students should report to Manuel Hall room 207 at 1:45 pm.
- LSU Eunice ID is required.
Policies Related to Testing and Retesting
- Student may not bring a calculator for the mathematics assessments. Calculators are
provided for selected questions on the screen for mathematics assessments.
- A waiting period of one week is required prior to a retest in the same subject.
- LSU Eunice students may take each assessment the first time at no cost.
- Assessment scores are valid for five years from the date of assessment.
- LSU Eunice students wishing to retest within the five year period will be charged
$15 per assessment. The $15 should be paid to the Business Office prior to the assessment
being taken. A receipt will be used as proof of payment in the testing center.
- LSU Eunice students are required to have a valid LSU Eunice ID in order to take assessments.
- Continuing LSU Eunice students that have, within the last 10 years, attempted an English
composition, mathematics, or reading course that appears on their transcripts are
not eligible to take the placement for the purpose of skipping a course. In this case,
students will be placed in the appropriate courses based on previous course success.
For example, students receiving a grade in MATH 0001 within the last 10 years, may
not take the placement test in an attempt to skip MATH 0001 if they were not satisfied
with their grade or skip MATH 0002 in an attempt to place into general education mathematics.
- Upon the conclusion of the assessment, students are given a paper copy of their scores.
LSU Eunice does not transfer assessment scores to other institutions of higher education.
- Non-LSU Eunice students may take assessments for $20 per assessment with a photo ID
such as a driver's license or another state ID.
The LSU Eunice Assessment Center is operated by the Office of Developmental Education.
Future or existing students may contact the office at 337-550-1433 or email@example.com