Students - January 4, 2019 will be the last time the math placement test will be given
at orientation. Between December 3, 2018 and January 11, 2019, the new Testing Center
located in the LeDoux Library Room 100-C will handle ACCUPLACER testing for students
needing to test prior to the January 4, 2019 orientation. The first assessment will
be free of charge with a $15 retest fee per test. Effective January 12, 2019, LSU
Eunice will charge a fee for every ACCUPLACER assessment given (including the first
time). Contact information is located at the bottom of this page.
Located in Library 100-C, LSU Eunice's Testing Center exists to serve the placement
needs of incoming students.
Policies Related to Testing and Retesting
- Student may not bring a calculator for the mathematics assessments. Calculators are
provided for selected questions on the screen for mathematics assessments.
- A waiting period of one day (24 hours) is required prior to a retest in the same subject.
- LSU Eunice students may take each assessment the first time at no cost through January
- Assessment scores are valid for five years from the date of assessment.
- LSU Eunice students wishing to retest within the five year period will be charged
$15 per assessment. The $15 should be paid to the Business Office prior to the assessment
being taken. A receipt will be used as proof of payment in the testing center.
- LSU Eunice students are required to have a valid LSU Eunice ID in order to take assessments.
- Continuing LSU Eunice students that have, within the last 10 years, attempted an English
composition, mathematics, or reading course that appears on their transcripts are
not eligible to take the placement for the purpose of skipping a course. In this case,
students will be placed in the appropriate courses based on previous course success.
For example, students receiving a grade in MATH 0001 within the last 10 years, may
not take the placement test in an attempt to skip MATH 0001 if they were not satisfied
with their grade or skip MATH 0015/0021 in an attempt to place into general education
- Upon the conclusion of the assessment, students are given a paper copy of their scores.
LSU Eunice does not transfer assessment scores to other institutions of higher education.
- The LSUE Testing Center will begin testing non-LSUE students effective January 12,
Through December 3, 2018, the LSU Eunice Testing Center is operated by the Office
of Institutional Effectiveness. Future or existing students may contact the office
at 337-550-1433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective December 3, 2018, the LSUE Testing Center will move to the LeDoux Library
Room 100-C. Students can contact the Testing Coordinator at 337-457-6116 or email
email@example.com at that time.